Temp Financial Accountant | Immediate | South East |
Location : South Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
Post Date : 28 July 2017
Employment Type : Project
Job Reference : 9985103JL
Job Classification : Project Consulting
Our client is a highly successful group based business in the South East suburbs of Melbourne. There is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced & qualified Senior Financial Accountant to join the Accounting Team immediately.
This role will ensure the accuracy, reliability, timeliness, efficiency and integrity of Financial Planning and Accounting. It will provide support, perspective and consultation to all levels of management regarding the finance/accounting considerations, issues and requirements of the business initiatives and operations. This is an important role in ensuring consistent processes are applied across the group.
- Develop, document, maintain and drive internal controls
- Maintain timely and accurate accounting records and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Generate financial reporting for managerial and statutory purposes
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, ensuring activity is accurate.
- Driving monthly close process co-ordinating with group finance consolidation function.
- Explanations of income statement variances versus trends or versus budgets and balance sheet variance versus prior periods
- Support external audit process.
Financial planning and analysis:
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process
- Assist in maintaining the capex budget, forecast and tracking.
- Identify cost savings opportunities and other initiatives that will drive profitability.
- Maintain working capital reporting that will provide insight to multiple levels of stakeholders.
- Develop standard management reporting and modelling including product profitability
- Assist in identifying and implementing process improvements that enhance working capital position.
- Supporting the finance function systems strategy.
- Seek new methods and procedures to streamline, automate and simplify process & policies.
- Ensure compliance with all company accounting policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with Australian accounting standards.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and assist with projects as needed
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Availability to travel interstate on a periodic basis
- Strong analytical experience
- Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Change management and process improvement skills
- Strong decision making skills
- High level of professionalism, honesty and integrity
- Hands on approach to problem solving
- ERP systems savvy with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
Teamwork and influencing:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence stakeholders across locations and teams
- Take responsibility for driving outcomes and is effective in making things happen
- Demonstrate a purposeful approach to work tasks, driving toward clear end goals
- Aspirations to develop into a leadership role in the finance team.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills
- Demonstrate an ongoing pursuit towards continuous improvement in the finance function
Applicants must be available to commence immediately or less than 4 days' notice
Job Reference No: 9985103JL
1 Ricketts Road
3149 Mount Waverley