Tax & Compliance Accountant |6 month Fixed Term |ASAP start
$110000 - 110000 / annum
South Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
July 5, 2018
Iconic brand recognised as an employer of choice who is instantly recognised as an industry leader. A reputation for excellence with a loyal customer base.
Reporting to the Senior Manager for Finance, this stand-alone position has end-to-end ownership and accountability to all things related to tax.
Your responsibilities will include reporting for direct and indirect taxation, including annual income tax return, FBT and BAS. You will be the central point of contact for external big 4.
You will also work closely with HR to ensure that accounting for payroll is correct and compliant. Specifically, you will be responsible for most (but not all) of the following tasks:
- Annual tax return
- Tax planning initiatives
- FBT preparation, review, lodgement, payment, instalments and liaison with cost centre owners for cost savings and planning
- Preparation and documentation of month end tax entries
- Cash tax forecasting
- Respond to information requests from Global corporate tax group
- GST all companies, preparation, review, lodgement, payment, reconciliations, advice to departments when required
- Monthly calculation of taxable income
- Transfer pricing preparation of data through to final acceptance
- CGT calculations, understanding tax implications of Capital reduction, dividends, liquidations
- Balance sheet reconciliations of all income tax related accounts
- Maintain Management to Tax Fixed asset register.
- Other tax related issues as required
- Non tax related general ledger reconciliations/journals including Payroll, Bank and warranty
- Month end duties as directed
You will be an experienced CPA/CA Accountant with experience in specialist taxation roles involving tax return preparation for a large corporate / group. Multinational experience is highly desired but not essential.
You will be an experienced Technical Accountant with a passion for detail. You will be systems savvy with advanced Excel skills.
Your success will be dependent on your ability to work with and extract information from teams so strong communication skills are essential.
This opportunity offers excellent career progression, and would also suit experienced Tax Accountants who are looking to make a move from chartered into industry
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact our Mount Waverley office on 03 9239 8100.
Job Reference Number: 06830-0010522143