Senior System & Networks Engineer | 3 Month Contract
Location : South Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
Post Date : 23 June 2017
Employment Type : Project
Job Reference : 3030268SO
Job Classification : IT & Technology
Our client is a global cloud solutions company with a large presence across Australia, based here in Melbourne. Since it's inception over 20 years ago, this organisation has continued to grow, servicing the needs of small to medium businesses with state of the art technical solutions.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the systems and network engineer will undertake technical projects and lead initiatives across the business, whilst maintaining the core infrastructure and developing the technical capabilities to improve business procedures. Suitable candidates will have vast amounts of experience supporting both Windows and Linux environments as well as maintaining network infrastructure.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support and operate key IT functional areas, including the network infrastructure, server, storage and desktop infrastructure
- Lead technical projects and initiatives across the business including reporting, design, implementation and documentation and change management.
- Work in conjunction with the business to implement IT initiatives
- Administer IT systems to ensure the stable operation of the organisations infrastructure
- Participate in the development of technology within the company to improve business processes and efficiency
The successful candidate will have a proven record of working autonomously and delivering on technical projects.
Experience with the following is essential:
- Windows server and Linux systems
- Online webhosting technical support
- Network design and configuration, management, and troubleshooting
- Virtualization technologies (Hyper-V, VMware, Xen)
- AWS or Azure
- Online backup solutions
- IP network security, including firewalls and VPNs
Additionally, the successful candidate must have excellent written and spoken English communication.
Please submit your resume by clicking the Apply Now button. Only relevant candidates with the above technical exposure and skillset will be contacted.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com
140 William Street