Procurement Officer | Immediate Start | 3 months Temp
$30 - 35 / hour
South Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
July 12, 2018
Unique and highly innovative global organisation based in Melbourne's southeast suburbs. Industry leader in their field with a distinct reputation for excellence and high quality.
Due to strong business performance over the first half of the year, an experienced procurement office is required to assist the procurement team with a backlog of outstanding work. Working in a high performing and collaborative team, your role will involve the following;
- Obtain prices/quotes for goods and services
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure correct materials are supplied, and purchase requisitions meet budgets.
- Ensure cost savings are regularly achieved through negotiation, supplier selection
- Create purchase orders
- Update and regularly report to key stakeholders on the status of all items ordered
- Ensuring timely processing and delivery of all procurement requirements
- Maintain accurate records of pricing
- Update purchase order system
- Ensuring filing and archiving of all information is completed and accurate.
- Follow up and resolve delivery and invoicing discrepancies.
- Maintain accurate supplier details on intranet and public folder.
- Maintain up to date pricelist
- Monitoring suppliers to ensure best price and timely delivery of materials.
- Create shipping documents for local and international shipment requirements
- Assist with supply chain processes
- Assist with the management of current and forecasted levels of stock.
You will have a minimum of 4 to 5 years Purchasing/Procurement experience, ideally from within the logistics, sales or freight industries (Not essential)
You will have superior attention to detail and excellent organizational and communication skills, as a large part of the role will involve liaising with key internal stakeholders.
Note: Only Candidate available on short notice please apply.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact our Mount Waverley office on 03 9239 8100.
Job Reference No: 06830-0010400486