Location : South Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
Post Date : 16 July 2017
Employment Type : Project
Job Reference : 094484PM
Job Classification : Project Consulting
Our client is a long established, highly respected State organisation who have occupied a pivotal position in the not for profit sector for several decades. As part of an extensive and far-reaching OHS audit, encompassing a number of business and customer-facing areas, they are on the lookout for a talented and highly experienced OHS Advisor to serve as a trusted advisor to the business in an interim capacity.
Reporting directly into the Head of Risk and Compliance, the OHS Advisor will carry several core responsibilities around assessment and documentation of existing OHS policies, processes and procedures and work with a broad range of stakeholders to identify gaps and vulnerabilities as well as helping to develop and implement a far reaching and comprehensive OHS plan.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Defining current and future OHS policies and business rules
- Establishing new OHS processes and procedures across the organisation
- Assessing vulnerabilities and risks within the existing OHS structure
- Documenting as is and to be in a challenging timeframe
- Monitor and assess OHS compliance with statutory requirements
- Working with stakeholders at every level of the organisation to ensure that OHS is prioritised
- Documenting functional OHS policies across numerous departments
- Assisting where required on investigations and emergency management
- Preparing incident reports where required in a timely and comprehensive fashion
- Ensuring all is done to mitigate risk and identifying business and operational functions with an unacceptable risk profile
- Reporting changes and improvements back to the business on a regular basis
- Deputising for the Risk Manager when required
You will be an experienced and highly knowledgeable OHS professional who is immediately available for a new assignment. You will be highly versed in helping an organisation such as this traverse from outdated or insufficient OHS practices and policies to become one which is fully compliant from a regulatory perspective.
A confident communicator, you will be at ease in working with and presenting to all levels within an organisation and demonstrate an ability to inspire trust and confidence across the organisation. This role carries a very urgent requirement for someone to be able to start immediately and so only those how are available for a new position now should apply.
This role has an urgent requirement and interviews will be taking place as early as this week. If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact us in our Melbourne office citing reference 094484PM .
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
140 William Street