New Graduate Opportunity | FMCG | South-East
$55000 - 60000 / annum
South Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
Finance and Accounting
Working as part of a team in large privately owned business in Melbourne's South-East, this is a highly varied role for an Accountancy or Finance Graduate who is looking for their first step into industry. Alternatively, the client will also consider an Assistant Accountant who is actively studying towards their Undergraduate Degree in an Accountancy related subject.
Supporting the Commercial team, this is an exciting opportunity for a switched-on, articulate individual who can demonstrate a strong academic track record and excellent Excel skills. Communication skills must be first-class with the ability to build rapport with senior stakeholders in the business.
If this sounds like you, please read on.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the purpose of the role is to provide financial support to the team and the wider finance function. Applicants must be recent Graduates or actively studying part-time whilst working in an accountancy related role. The scope and remit of the role is far-reaching and the successful incumbent will be exposed to all facets of accounting.
The key deliverables include (but are not limited to):
- Timely completion of complex General Ledge reconciliations, involving both balance sheet an P&L accounts with high volume transactions
- Review of balance sheet account reconciliations
- Preparing and posting of journals including positing of expense allocations
- Assisting with monthly management reporting requirements
- Assisting with the annual budget preparation
- Daily and monthly cash flow reporting and forecasting
- Assisting with the preparation of month end processes
- Conducting systems maintenance to aid the integrity of the GL
- Ad hoc projects
If you are a first-class communicator with a strong academic track record, are able to confidently deal with stakeholders across a business including the Senior Leadership team and want a long-term career opportunity with a well-known Australian brand, please get in touch today. Interviews will take place this week!
Job Reference No: 9359846AC