IT Infrastructure Project Manager
$135000 - 150000 / annum
South Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
June 16, 2018
IT and technology
As a national business employing around 15 000 people, this organization does have the process, resources and budgets that one associates with a growing & successful commercial entity.
While continuing to focus on the needs of their core business they have recently embarked on a new strategic direction and they are now in a position to seek out a highly talented Infrastructure Project Manager, to ensure the best potential is realised from these developments.
This is a great opportunity to work with an industry leading company dedicated to providing world-renowned health services.
Reporting to the Project Director, the IT Infrastructure Project Manager will be a highly valued and critical member of the projects team. This is a project management role focused on a large scale IT network infrastructure upgrade.
This is an outcome focused organisation, waterfall and agile practices have been blended to enable the most effective delivery. People who take a flexible and adaptive approach to how they work, and people who drive forward momentum in people and projects, will likely fit well.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Develop detailed project plans, schedules, estimates, resource plans, and budgets.
- Manage execution of plans to ensure project success.
- Define cross-disciplinary process improvements to ensure efficient infrastructure management.
- Provide regular status reports and project updates in line with PMO and business stakeholder requirements.
- Understand and set project goals, including documenting workflows and complex technology concepts.
The successful candidate will come from a strong project management background coupled with end to end project knowledge, preferably focused on network infrastructure projects. This role will require great interpersonal skills, in order to manage stakeholder expectations and influence vendors - but it will also require a good head for IT Infrastructure projects. As a project manager you will take initiative, have a 'can do' attitude, and thrive within a fast-paced, frequently changing environment.
In addition, you will also be able to demonstrate:
- High quality problem solving skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively adjust plans and schedules.
- Proven project management disciplines (preferable Prince2).
- Experience in contributing to best practice initiatives for the PMO.
- Strong ability to work autonomously with limited support and work end to end in delivering the project.
- Knowledge of IT networks and PABX systems.
- Demonstrable experience in leading development to delivery of large scale complex IT infrastructure projects is essential.
- Experience in Government or Health-care sector would be advantageous.
How to Apply
If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or call 03 9691 3661 and ask for Joeri Ovart.
Job Reference No: