Head of Product Development | 160-180K | South East Suburbs
Post Date : 19 April 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 087675LE
Job Classification : IT & Technology
Robert Half are working with a well established technology organisation within the leisure industry who are based in Melbourne's South-east suburbs. We are looking for an experienced Head of Product Development who has experience managing a team of Software Developers previously, with an emphasis on both project delivery and people management.
Our client are an industry leader within their field and present both a fast paced and challenging development environment. This means you will inherit a team of very strong developers who want to work in a higly agile, and innovative working environment.
Reporting to the CIO, you will be responsible for the following:
- Leading a team of up to 10 employees within Software Development
- Ability to manage teams across multiple projects
- Provide company wide planning and Development
- Define governance around system architecture
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to developers
- Drive development using Agile principles
- Estimate work and assist with project plans
- Drive overall architecture on products
- Drive code review process
- Work closely with internal business stakeholders and customers across the whole business.
- Create technical documentation
To be a successful candidate for this role you will have previous experience as a Head of Product development having come from a Development background. You will also need experience with:
- Extensive experience working within the SDLC
- Experience working in an AGILE environment and a strong understanding of the SDLC principles including design patterns and reusable design.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Experience with making technical and strategic decisions
Strong oral and written communication skills are a must, as you will be expected to produce high quality documentation and contribute to commercial decisions.
If you are interested please do not hesitate to get in contact, there is a strict interview process in place and feedback will be provided to applicants.
Please click apply or email your resume directly to [email protected]
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
140 William Street