Systems & Network Engineer
$100000 - 120000 / annum
SE Suburbs Melbourne
17 March 2019
IT and technology
Our client leads the way in their field - as a leading technical solutions firm which has seen impressive growth and success in Australia over the past couple of years they are an expanding organisation. This has created a fast paced environment where team members must evolve and work in tandem with the commercial goals of the overall business.
As the Systems & Networking Engineer you will be one of the most technical individuals within the business. You will be a key driver in the technological development of the business, which absolutely demands a broad IT skill set and specialised knowledge of systems engineering; you will be involved with core 'BAU' work, but spend a lot of your time on key projects as well. The right person for this position will enjoy being kept on their toes with: high level technical resolution, (as escalated by the 2nd&3rd level support team) design, solution & implementation project based work & also day-day assistance in the maintenance of internal systems.
Day-Day functions and upcoming technical challenges include:
- Providing 3rd level technical resolution.
- Virtualisation as a solution, project design, build, & implementation.
- Maintaining and monitoring a virtualised server environment (Hyper-V, Azure cloud services, ADFS).
- Mentoring others in virtual infrastructure.
- Windows Server configuration and maintenance.
- O365 & AD group administration.
- Storage and DR planning and Maintenance.
You must have experience in some, if not all, of the following:
- Hyper-V server build and administration.
- Azure administration.
- SQL, IIS.
- Active Directory Federation Services
- Windows Server.
- Storage: Backup & DR.
- Networking: firewalls, routing and switching.
You will have well developed Systems knowledge with a hands-on approach to maintaining, developing and implementing IT hardware and software. The ability to comprehensively review the IT systems in place and to install new infrastructures is essential. You must always set a professional standard in terms of behaviours and appearance.
You must also have:
- A positive and motivated 'hands-on' attitude.
- Strong technical proficiency in all areas of IT infrastructure.
- A passion to develop and grow on a personal level.
- Be autonomous in your problem solving approach.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you and you are ready for your next step in your IT career then click on the Apply button today.
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631