Senior Financial Accountant
$100000 - 120000 / annum
SE Suburbs Melbourne
12 April 2019
Finance and accounting
Your new employer is in an industry that has huge government support now and as a result they are growing revenue at a rapid rate. With the growth in revenue comes organizational change, process improvement, new reporting requirements and career opportunities. This provides an environment up-and-coming, career driven accountants thrive in. The team here are filled with energy and enthusiasm. The newly appointed CFO is team orientated and charisma filled. Her story will inspire anyone!
Located in the South Eastern suburbs with parking on site you'll be rewarded with a range of non-salary benefits and ongoing career development. Ask us about the extensive list
Your new role reports to the Chief Financial Officer who has one of the most interesting backgrounds I've come across in this role. The team in the past has been focused on keeping score and is now moving towards providing a real partnership to the operations of the business. Your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare monthly board reports including budget vs actual commentary
- Prepare year end reporting pack for the group
- Contact point for auditors on year end reporting pack audit
- Prepare general purpose yearend financial statements
- Review fixed asset register maintenance
- Lead compliance reporting
- Systems and process improvement
- Lead a team of 2 qualified accountants
This role is about ensuring the integrity of the financial information the business and external agencies receive. The size of the business means you will need to use the team to deliver the volume of work.
You will have worked in a financial accounting role in a medium to large team where you have learned best practice and have a strong understanding of financial accounting in order to teach and develop others.
- A CA / CPA qualification
- More than 5 years post graduate experience
- Big 4 or large mid-tier accounting firm training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you feel your experience is relevant, please apply.
Please send your resume to us by clicking the "Apply Now" button. Resumes in MS Word format is preferred.
Mount WaverleySuite 42, Central 2
1 Ricketts Road
Mount Waverley VIC 3149
au 03 9239 8100