Senior Cloud Engineer
$750 - 850 / day
SE Suburbs Melbourne
11 June 2019
IT and technology
Our client is a long established, listed Australian business who have occupied a dominant market position for several decades. As the result of a comprehensive technology implementation and several digital initiatives, they have an urgent need for a Senior Cloud Engineer, to work within the Technology team in a varied portfolio of work and provide a complex Cloud Infrastructure.
Reporting into the IT Operations Manager, the Senior Cloud Engineer will carry responsibility for developing Cloud-native solutions and services (Azure), as well as providing support for Cloud migration, operations and maintenance. As the Senior resource within the Technology team you will be responsible to collaborate with Applications & Development and DevOps teams to operate and develop their complex Cloud environment. The successful candidate will also be responsible for scaling and automating the organization's IoT pilot program.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Developing and administering Azure Cloud governance to a new Enterprise Cloud.
- Developing effective cloud infrastructure, enforcing good architectural principles, providing technical oversight, and ensuring security best practices are implemented and followed by Infrastructure and Developer teams.
- Assist with a proactive Cloud Security remediation initiative.
- Assist with Cloud Cost visibility, optimisation, and governance.
- Responsible to provide design level Infrastructure consultation to Cloud Native and Hybrid application deployments.
- Responsible to plan, document, implement, and maintain automated processes related to Azure IaaS resources.
- Work with large project Teams to run the Enterprise IoT program.
- Resolve Critical and complex technical issues within Azure.
You will be someone with extensive experience in leading and managing cross-functional teams, while showing a no-nonsense approach to developing innovative IT strategies. The ideal candidate will own clearly defined parts of their Cloud roadmap and help set the technical vision for the future of Cloud Operations.
Other Key Requirements:
- Experience of design and implementation of IaaS and PaaS solutions (repeated in DevOps solution framework or DevSecOps would be a plus).
- Experience with Azure cloud administration, in a large Enterprise, particularly Resource Groups, App Services, Storage Accounts, Azure AD, Security Center, Service Health, Subscriptions.
- Excellent scripting and automation skills in Azure.
- Experience delivering and resolving complex Problems, Incidents and Escalations.
- Knowledge in Devops and CI/CD (Jenkins, GIT etc.) would be a plus.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of scripting languages.
- Experience with containerization technologies (Kubernetes) would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of IoTHub and EventHub would be desirable.
If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or call 03 9691 3661.
Job Reference No:
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631