Systems & Applications Administrator
$80000 - 100000 / annum
SE Suburbs Melbourne
28 May 2019
IT and technology
The organization is an engineering IOT solutions company that specialises in the design, manufacture, distribution and integration of fixed and mobile data collection terminals. Due to expansion they are looking for an enthusiastic technologist that's eager to solve challenging customer problems.
You'll be responsible for the post sales systems support to internal and external customers on the key products and solutions sold by the business in their key markets of Venue Access Control and ticketing, retail, payment kiosks and RFID.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Front line customer telephone support
- Linux system troubleshooting and administration
- Database and web services application troubleshooting
- Remote device management and support of mobile devices operating Android / Linux and Windows
- Work on projects in the IOT space for a variety of clients
- Configuration of equipment on client side
You're a confident individual that thrives in a challenging broad environment. You're not scared to ask questions and seek information, while also show the ability to systematically break down complex problems into manageable components. You enjoy troubleshooting and have the ability to understand a clients requirements and are able to clearly assist clients remotely via the phone and in person when required.
This role requires a thorough understanding of IT hardware so ideally you would have come from an engineering background.
In addition, you will ideally be able to demonstrate:
- Remote mobile device management system experience
- Experience working with corporate and business IT Network Infrastructure
- Good knowledge of IT networks TCP/IP routing and switching and VPN's
- Wireless LAN technology experience
- Ability to work autonomously and in a high pressure environment
- Experience troubleshooting POS terminals and venue hardware
- Experiences with systems such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi and Particle Photon would be a plus
- Ability to solve networking and wireless LAN problems in the field
- Strong documentation skills for future user support
Please send your resume to us by clicking the "Apply Now" button. Resumes in MS Word format are preferred.
Job Reference No: 06810-0010977465
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631