$90000 - 100000 / annum
SE Suburbs Melbourne
5 April 2019
Finance and accounting
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a well-established retail organisation based in Melbourne inner suburbs. The business is looking for an Accountant to join their experienced finance team. This position will support several stakeholders, internal and external, and will play an important role within the team.
This position reports to the Financial Controller, and if you are successful in your application, you will be part of a close knit, friendly and supportive team.
As the Senior Accountant you will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy, reliability and integrity of the organisation's data and reporting. Draw on your hardworking experience to implement continuous improvement in internal controls and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practice.
Your business insights will be challenged as you reconcile discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognising the effect on other accounts.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Process the transfer of data from the POS system to the General Ledger and the Payroll System to the General Ledger
- Fixed asset maintenance
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Profit & Loss Analysis
- Assist with half-yearly stocktakes
- Preparation of FBT returns
- Preparation of annual tax return
- Manage payroll tax, PAYG payments
- Assist with the preparation of Statutory Financial Statements
- Liaise with auditors and assist with the audit process
- Assist with process improvement
- Manage the preparation of monthly board papers
Your Skills & Experience
- Degree qualified in Commerce, Business or related field.
- CPA or CA qualified.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Retail experience advantageous
- MYOB Greentree experience valuable, but not required
- Extraordinary ability to multi-task and attention to detail are critical.
- Forward-thinking experience in general accounting and administration support.
- Excellent eye for detail and dedication to accuracy.
- Effective communication with stakeholders
You have extraordinary skills with numbers, a real passion for pinpoint accuracy and an unparalleled knack for catching out meaningful details and minutiae. You have the people skills to work as part of a team and the self-motivation to work independently. You understand the importance of deadlines, and your excellent communication skills let you explain financial concepts to colleagues that may not have an accounting background. Your creative outlook allows you to take on problems with an innovative approach.
REFERENCE NUMBER 06810-0010929299TC
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631