Group Accountant | Growing privately owned global business
SE Suburbs Melbourne
12 April 2019
Finance and accounting
This organization has manufacturing locations all over the world and turns over close to $3b annually. Locally here in Australia they generate close to $200m and employ roughly 600 people. They have 5 main businesses having just acquired 2 of them and ample organic growth as they start to find economies of scale and share each other's clients etc. The office in the East of Melbourne has a collaborative work environment and the team is hard working and high performing.
Your new role reports to the Australian Finance Director who is Big 4 trained with a truly commercial mind. Traditionally the accounting has been performed at the business unit level. Having recently acquired 2 businesses the need for a consolidated group level is clear. Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of year end reporting pack for the group
- Contact point for auditors on year end reporting pack audit
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Preparation of tax computations
- Responses to the group queries (ad hoc)
- Assist with month end group reporting, including consolidation work
- Assist with preparation of month end board reports and presentations
- Assist with restructure of corporate tax structure and alignment of entity year ends
This is a technically focused role and will suit someone who loves standards, accounting treatments, consolidations and process improvement. The exciting part of the role is being part of a growth period and helping set up processes and procedures.
Typically successful people in this role have had experience in a medium to large (over $100m in annual revenue) company environment in a technical financial accounting role.
- A CA / CPA qualification
- More than 5 years post graduate experience
- Big 4 or large mid-tier accounting firm training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you feel your experience is relevant please apply.
Please send your resume to us by clicking the "Apply Now" button. Resumes in MS Word format is preferred.
Mount WaverleySuite 42, Central 2
1 Ricketts Road
Mount Waverley VIC 3149
au 03 9239 8100