Service Desk Engineer
$55000 - 60000 / annum
August 7, 2018
IT and technology
This company is a highly regarded IT Managed Service Provider based in Sydney's North Shore, with offices in Melbourne as well. This Managed Services company provides on-going IT support to its small to medium sized clients. Due to ongoing growth in the company, they require another Service Desk Engineer to join their Sydney team of 8. This is a fast-paced, yet social working environment, offering the opportunity for internal career growth with many projects forecasted for the future.
As a Service Desk Engineer, you will be providing level 1-2 support, primarily via phone & email, for the clients of this company. Common tasks will revolve around Active Director administration & user support, email support, setting up distribution groups and PC/Laptop setups and installation.
Your Skills & Experience
- 1-2 years IT Support experience (remote and face-to-face) in IT managed services
- Strong experience with Active Directory
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office Suite, Windows 2008, Office 365 and Exchange
- Understanding of networking/patching and VPN
- Extensive knowledge on PC & Laptop configuration
- VMWare certified
- MUST hold current drivers license
You will need to be a "people person" with a good attitude towards work, with the ability to hold a conversation and speak to people at all levels. You will also need to be very well presented with clear communication skills (written & verbal), and able to build rapport with clients and colleagues. You will be working in a fast-paced environment so will need to be able to be able to remain calm in stressful situations, and prove you will go the extra mile for clients and act as the first point of contact for them.
What's on offer?
- A busy, yet highly rewarding workplace, with ample opportunity for internal career progression
- Exposure to new technology and projects offering greater experience in different IT operations
- A close-knit and social team, that is willing to collaborate and share years of experience regarding IT
Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.