$35 - 40 / hour
Inner Suburbs Perth
14 June 2019
Finance and accounting
- 8 Week Assignment
- CBD Location
- Resources Industry
For this ASX listed company, what they do is more than just a professional service they provide; it's a foundation that allows them to unlock the full potential of any commodity, to operate in any environment around the world, to overcome the most complex of challenges and to generate true value for their clients.
Involved in a high-transaction, cash positive environment, our client requires support from an Assistant Accountant on a temporary basis for 8 + weeks to assist with an increase in workload, and year end.
Working within the finance division, you will move between various teams to provide support during busy periods, and assist with year end. This role will be a high transaction position, with a heavy focus on reconciliations. You will also have responsibilities within journal posting, capital expenditure reporting, fixed asset reporting, and support for AP & AR.
In addition, you will participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors, and analyse and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner.
Your Skills & Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or related field.
- Additional qualifications such as CPA or CA is a plus.
- At least three years of Accounting experience.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel.
- Proficiency in other Microsoft Programs.
- Accounting experience in a publicly listed company.
- Extensive experience with ERP's such as SAP, Pronto, Oracle, TechOne, Epicor
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Brilliant organisational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines.
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, work independently and prioritise tasks.
You offer a brilliant combination of uncommon technical skills and the creative flair to interpret information and offer initiatives to streamline the accounting and reporting process. You are a numbers person yet you have the business insights to meaningfully interpret financial data, and while you can work seamlessly with minimal supervision you also relish the opportunity to collaborate with a talented team of professionals.
Your strong communication skills allow you to convey complex ideas to those with a non-financial background, and you have an excellent awareness of time management. Your outstanding skill set will prove a valuable asset as you participate in a variety of special reports and ad hoc projects.
What's on offer?
- An outstanding opportunity for a self-starter to reach their full potential in a dynamic and exciting workplace.
- The support of a highly professional team.
- A fast-paced work environment where you will benefit from ongoing training and development.
- A forward-thinking company that encourages work-life balance.
- A clearly defined career path giving you unlimited possibilities for growth.
- An immediate start for the right candidate.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.
PerthLevel 19, St Martins Tower
44 St Georges Terrace
Perth WA 6000
au 08 6430 6801