Senior Commercial Analyst
Location : Perth CBD
Post Date : 05 July 2017
Employment Type : Project
Job Reference : MT675664
Job Classification : Project Consulting
This company is one of the world's largest diversified, integrated natural resource companies. They market and distribute to a wide customer base that includes the industrial, automotive, construction, steel, power generation, oil and food processing industries. From their diverse portfolio, they supply the metals and minerals that help the world to grow. Their major products are aluminium, copper, diamonds, gold, industrial minerals (borates, titanium dioxide and salt), iron ore, thermal and metallurgical coal and uranium. They employ over 40,000 people work in around 30 countries across five continents. They are seeking the assistance of a talented Analyst with expertise in Economic Analysis, Qualitative Analysis, Financial Analysis or Commercial Analysis to join them in an interim project capacity with strong likelihood of perm.
The position's purpose is to assist in building an Investment Framework, and assist in valuing projects. This will involve complex analysis on early phase R&D projects including product development, process changes and modelling. You will be involved in, but not limited to:-
- Developing models and performing complex analysis on various investment opportunities and field development scenarios
- Quantitative assessment of research & development
- Predictive analytics
- Time series and regression analysis
- Provide concise reports on infrastructure investment performance, working capital requirements, capital efficiency etc.
- Collate input from others to create and maintain up to date project capital cost and operating cost estimates.
- Assist in the preparation of project budgets and forecasts.
- Assist the project manager to maintain an up to date project schedule in MS Project
You will be an experienced Analyst whether a Commercial Analyst, Financial Analyst, Economic Analyst or Qualitative Analyst. Your experience will include not just generating the analysis but understanding and validating the assumptions used in the models. You will possess a degree in an applied analysis field including Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics, or other equivalent analytical subject. A degree in Science or Engineering and strong finance and accounting experience via MBA studies is also highly desirable. The position requires a deep understanding of profitability and cost drivers. Experience with MS project would be advantageous also.
For more information, please call Matthew Taylor in Robert Half's Perth branch on (08) 6430 6801. Alternatively, submit your CV by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
44 St Georges Terrace