IFRS Project Accountant | CBD Based | 3 month contract
$60 - 65 / hour
We are working with a top 100 ASX listed business who are looking for a senior financial reporting and control professional to join their team focused on developing process improvement and new accounting policies.
Your role will be to consult with all business units to provide advice on the correct IFRS accounting treatment for their respective transactions and be a main point of contact for all technical accounting related issues.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparing financial restatements under IFRS
- Managing reconstruction of financial records and revenue recognition
- Assess and support implementation requirements of new accounting standards and internal policies
- Recognize assets and liabilities for most leases
- Recognize most leases on their balance sheets
- Performing/ preparing cost management and billing functions
- Internal audit and assurance programs
- Providing advice to Management and internal stakeholders to help them to better navigate financial, operational and strategic risks
- Full ownership of the statutory reporting process
- Represent financial reporting team and deliver on the strategic goals of the department in relation to process improvements, technology and operating models
- Provision of training, coaching and guidance to team members.
- Act as a subject matter expert for accounting and compliance queries
- Providing technical accounting support
The successful applicant will have.
- Extensive auditing experience
- Sound knowledge and experience with IFRS15
- Big 4 or Top Tier background preferred
- Significant statutory reporting experience
- Project Management experience
- Prior experience in highly technical roles within the commercial space
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent analytic and numerical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
Your solid commercial acumen and the ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure will see you succeed in this role. You will also be able to recommend improvements to the business, and communicate effectively at all levels.
To be considered for this role you must be CA/ CPA qualified and have demonstrated successful experience in a similar role with ongoing high performance.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume through to Danielle Thornton by clicking on the apply button.Learn more about our Perth recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-perth