Transactional Accountant with SAP - Parramatta
Location : Parramatta
Post Date : 28 June 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 777006
Job Classification : Finance & Accounting
Our client is looking for a transactional Financial Accountant to join a fast-growing company. More than a job, this brilliant role is the opportunity you have been looking for to take your career to the next level. Collaborating with a talented and high energy team, you will act as a key business partner in areas such as forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management in a workplace where excellence is recognised and rewarded.
Provide financial accounting support that contributes to the achievement of business unit objectives and conforms to regulatory. This role also provides vital support to operational accounting function team and the various management teams across the full breadth of strategic and financial issues for the relevant business units.
- Processing month end transactions in line with corporate reporting deadline and provide valuable accounting support to relevant business units
- Provide back-up support to other critical functions undertaken by the transactional team.
- Ensure business critical costs such as utilities, leases, & consolidated invoices are accurately allocated and processed timely for payment
- Process operational workflows and NPOs correctly and efficiently
- Day to day accounting & commercial support for operating managers & their teams and the operational accounting analysts.
- Standardise best practices & improve accounting and reporting processes
- Assist with managing internal and external audit requirements
- Assist operations with correct and appropriate transaction coding
- Manage Intranet site to ensure all documentation is current and relevant
- Ensure trail balance is correctly reported to enable efficient reporting for areas such as tax effect accounting, income tax returns and general reporting requirements
- Document new business processes and updating existing business processes
Your Skills & Experience
- CPA/CA qualificiation
- Outstanding experience spanning 5+ years in a highly quantitative role.
- SAP experience is an added value
- High level of proficiency in Excel.
- Experience in manufacturing would be a major plus
You have a strong combination of technical skills and the business insights to provide innovative yet effective solutions to complex challenges. A natural leader, you are able to lead, motivate and inspire a talented team, and your exceptional communication skills allow you to condense complex ideas into concepts readily understood by colleagues without a financial background. A numbers person at heart, you have tremendous enthusiasm for data analysis, econometric modelling and statistical analysis, and you combine this with a creative flair and commercial know-how that allows you to see challenges from a fresh perspective and deliver innovative, workable solutions.
What's on offer?
- An exciting opportunity to extend your ability and your skill set across a diverse and challenging role.
- The chance to partner with senior executives on strategic deep dives and develop financial models and insights to inspire strategic resource allocation and business growth.
- The inspiration and support of an energetic and highly professional team.
- A fast-paced workplace where no two days are ever the same.
- A work environment were your contribution will be valued and rewarded.
- An employer committed to work-life balance.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.
19 Martin Place