$45000 - 55000 / annum
Finance and Accounting
Company and Role Summary
Our client is a leading electrical and communications installation and service contractor with a pre-eminent industry reputation for performance, quality and reliability. They celebrated 100 years of continual service excellence in September 2010.
The company's origins date back to the advent of the electricity industry in Australia when the company was incorporated 1910. Today it is Australia's leading privately owned electrical and communications contracting organization with annual revenues of approx $500mil and currently employing over 1,500 people.
Key duties include:
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register (processing additions and disposals, preparing the movements schedule, administering the yearly asset review with branches)
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly management reports (processing journals, variance, analysis, integrity checks, report distribution)
- Assisting with the motor vehicle fleet administration (reconciling vehicle registers, administering the NRMA account, common expiry registration renewal, FBT vehicle operating cost calculations)
- General Ledger maintenance (Key balance sheet account reconciliations, coding of transactions)
- Administering the branch petty cash process
- Supporting the preparation of the subsidiary company accounts
- Ad hoc finance projects for the finance manager and CFO
- Assist with the preparation of work papers for the external auditors
- Assist in the development of finance and administration systems, policies and processes and ensure continual improvement of these functions for the organisation to ensure they are aligned to corporate objectives, strategies and values.
Skills knowledge and experience required:
- Commerce or business degree graduate, ideally with a major in accounting
- Well organized with an excellent eye for detail
- Be a strong team player
- Strong business acumen and commercial skills
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with particularly good at networking with branches
- Absolute integrity and discretion with very high ethical standards
- Flexibility and persistence, with a good sense of humor
- Strong analytical skills
- A very strong customer focus
- Ability to learn of software applications including spreadsheets and financial accounting applications (Pronto), to enhance business processes.
How to Apply
The best way to apply is by emailing Daniela Ribeiro directly with your CV to [email protected]
Alternatively, press the 'Apply' button below and attach your CV, or call Daniela Ribeiro directly in the Sydney office.
Covering letters are not required.