DevOps Engineer | Permanent Opportunity
Location : Nothern Suburbs Perth
Post Date : 04 April 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : JB1374741
Job Classification : IT & Technology
Our client is seeking an experienced DevOps engineer to join them on a permanent basis to assist with the development of new applications. They are looking for a creative and enthusiastic developer who has previous experience working in a busy and high pressured position.
The successful DevOps engineer candidate will offer the following skills and experience.
- Recommend and implement DevOps practices which are sustainable and considered the best fit for the client's need.
- Ensure availability of non-production environments and assist the team in supporting the application in large, complex non-production environments
- Provide focused environments and release support and coaching to agile teams to facilitate delivery
- Identify potential areas for improvement and drive solutions to their conclusion via automation
- Understanding of technology stacks that make up functioning applications (eg. Web Tier, Application Tier and Database Tier).
- Plan and implement network security, including building firewalls, managing host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans and file system integrity
- Configuration and maintenance of physical servers and internal and external networks
To succeed in this role as the DevOps engineer, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience working in a DevOps role
- Experience with MVC.Net, CSS, MVVM, C# and ORM (Entity Framework)
- Experience with Automated Integration testing using Selenium would be desirable
- Strong Experience in designing, developing and maintaining SQL databases (Reporting and analysis exposure would be highly desirable)
- Strong all round IT Infrastructure support experience (exposure to working with Networking technologies like routers and switches would be beneficial though isn't essential)
- Excellent knowledge and understanding Microsoft technologies including Windows server, Exchange, VMware and O365
- Some knowledge of WCF Web Services
- Excellent communication skills, based in Perth and preferably able to start immediately
To apply for the DevOps engineer role please send your resume by clicking on the apply button.
Learn more about our Perth recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-perth
44 St Georges Terrace