$30.00 - $35.00 / hour
Northern Suburbs Melbourne
7 May 2019
For over 75 years this organisation has been changing the lives of people with disability through real work, training and skills programs. They work tirelessly to create an environment and opportunities for people with disability to be valued and productive contributors to our community.
Reporting to the Risk & Compliance Manager - South Australia, this role is responsible for undertaking activities to ensure that OHS & Quality outcomes are met. They will work closely with Managers, Supervisors, Staff and Clients/Employees to achieve desired outcomes, acting as a resource and advisor on compliance requirements.
- Liaise with the State Manager - Victoria and departmental staff/management to review current systems, processes and practices; ensuring they are in line with relevant legislation, local and statutory regulations and meet business requirements.
- Liaise with Human Resources and relevant management to provide information for development of training for staff and clients/employees.
- Undertake audits and performance improvement reviews to ensure compliance with required standards and internal procedures.
- Ensure all audit results are communicated to key stakeholders and oversee that actions arising are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Mentor staff in understanding and maintaining compliance requirements as well as monitoring continuous improvement.
- Conduct plant risk assessments and develop JSAs and SOPs for activities in Packaging, Grounds Maintenance and Supported Accommodation.
- Develop a Best Practice Food Safety Plan and deliver ongoing training and support to staff and employees/clients.
- Ensure policies and procedures are reviewed, updated and communicated as required.
- Assist in the implementation and management of objectives and targets in line with the Business' Strategic Plan.
- Act as a 'Super User' of the Skytrust online reporting QHSE system.
- Ensure all incidents are appropriately reported, reviewed and investigated with corrective action/s applied to reduce the potential of reoccurrence.
- Comply to Bedford's policies and procedures including the Code of Conduct and Equal Employment Opportunities.
- Acquire and maintain management systems knowledge relevant to your workplace and understand all operations and associated hazards and risks.
- Any other duties as required
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to build rapport and establish strong working relationships.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to work autonomously and self-manage.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact our Melbourne office on 03 9691 3663.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
Job Reference No: 06810-0010975255JD
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631