Office Coordinator, Perm, $69,760 package! Northern Suburbs
Location : Northern Suburbs Melbourne
Post Date : 28 November 2016
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 06988TG
Job Classification : Administration & Office
My client is a non-for-profit organisation that provides counselling and support services to refugee survivors that have been subject to torture and trauma before arriving to Australia. As well as providing counselling and support services to survivors, my client works with government, service providers, the corporate sector and refugee and wider communities with the aim of carrying out its mission.
By late January, my client are opening up a new location in Dallas in the northern suburbs.
The Office Coordinator is part of the Northern regional team located in Dallas. This role provides essential support to the Northern Region Team to enable effective day to day functioning. The Dallas Office predominantly delivers Direct Service programs to survivors of torture and trauma in the form of counselling, advocacy, family support, group work, psycho-education, information sessions and complementary therapies
Responsible for the efficient management of reception, administration and maintenance of the Dallas site, including the following:
* Coordinate and deliver efficient and professional reception, ensuring the delivery of a supportive and professional service to clients and staff.
* Proactive and responsive management of maintenance issues ensuring safe and cost effective management of repairs, suppliers and contractors.
* Administrative services (including fleet and facilities bookings, purchasing of office supplies and furniture/fittings, building security)
As this is a newly created role, you will be responsible for setting up new processes and procedures. You will have new systems to develop and a new team to build.
We are looking for an office coordinator with a professional and friendly manner who can deal with a broad range of people, both in person and on the phone, delivering excellent customer service in an often busy environment. Great attention to detail and a systematic approach to their work, working independently when required. The ability to keep calm under pressure, be flexible and adaptable whilst managing a variety of different tasks is required, as is the ability to problem solve and follow prescribed processes when required.
Previous experience in opening/starting up a new office will be highly advantageous!
* Well-developed interpersonal abilities
* Good communication - verbal and written
* Organisational skills, with the ability to follow and establish systems and processes
* Great administration skills with the ability to keep track of multiple things
* Computer skills - word, excel, outlook, database/data entry.
* Data analysis and reporting skills - ability to extract relevant data
* Time management skills with the ability to prioritise own work.
* Undertake administrative duties in line with existing processes, with the ability to initiate and develop new processes.
* Working with people from culturally and linguistically diverse background
* Understanding of the refugee experience
* Booking on-line and telephone interpreter services
* Working in a client services environment
* Knowledge of suppliers/managing contractors
* Office systems
* Knowledge of Spectrum work and services
Please note that you will be required to complete a police check and WWC check.
Please send your resume to us by clicking the "Apply Now" button. Resumes in MS Word format are preferred.
Job Reference No: 06988TG
140 William Street