Head of Finance
$150,000.00 - $170,000.00 / annum
Northern Suburbs Melbourne
16 July 2019
The home of over 50 of Australia's luxury brands, our client is one of the prominent wholesalers and retailers in their industry at the premium end of the market. Exclusivity and premium quality products are what this business pride themselves on, and they do it well. As part of a much larger group our client is in a major growth stage of its life cycle and, in that light, is constantly looking to improve organisational efficiencies.
Recently we have embarked on an extremely positive transformation program that will not only improve overall organisational productivity and profitability but will also allow the back-office functions to add a lot more value through their positions. Our aim is to create an environment of continual development and job satisfaction for our employees, whilst striving towards commercial outcomes for the business.
This is a role which will support and manage the current finance team and report into the Chief Financial Officer who has an incredible management style, a view over the operations and a forward-thinking mindset. In addition to the management of the finance team and day-to-day function, the role will involve offering commercially insightful advice to the CFO regarding process enhancements and reporting timetable improvements. It requires a technically astute accountant, with staff management skills, and the following specific responsibilities:
- Managing financial control and month-end processes to report into group level
- Overseeing and reviewing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Month-end and Payroll
- Developing annual budgets, quarterly forecasting and inventory planning processes
- Implementing new business partnering processes to analyse commercial insights, trade spend analysis and product mix opportunities
- Increasing visibility to the business and operations through buying plans, inventory management and cash flow forecasting
- Implementing new ERP system and managing vendors alongside IT
- Partnering with IT to further enhance the relationship between IT, Finance and the business
- Understanding business requirements for business intelligence and improving / implementing dashboards and reporting surrounding this
- Due diligence and analysis of potential mergers and acquisitions
- Engaging with non-finance managers in order to improve information and data flows
- Supporting and taking part in E-commerce improvements and implementation
- Change management within finance and across the business to maintain and develop cultural improvements
This is a role which will allow an individual to put their business partnering skills to the test in a positive and dynamic environment. This opportunity will see a well-rounded FP&A manager or Financial Controller take the next step in their career and offer future development to oversee operations and earn your C-Suite title.
You will be an individual with a strong background in forever changing environments with the ability to adapt and make improvements as a part of your day to day. You must be able to demonstrate the highest levels of technical oversight from a management perspective, along with the ability to identify areas of improvement within business systems and processes. CPA or CA qualification and immediate availability (or close to) are preferences.
You will have experience working within a vibrant, fast-paced environment and be a strong communicator who can present to senior executives. You will be comfortable liaising with business stakeholders and external consultancies at various levels and understand what their requirements are and how IT will enable strategic and commercial outcomes.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact our office in Melbourne at 9691 3666.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631