$150000 - 170000 / annum
Northern Suburbs Melbourne
14 May 2019
IT and technology
An innovative technology business are currently seeking an Engineering Manager to lead a dynamic technology function; this role is based in the Northern suburbs of Melbourne.
While the organisation have been around for more than twenty years, they have recently enjoyed a period of significant growth.
As such, they're looking for a pragmatic people leader with a strong technical background to help manage a technology team of twenty five individuals.
The technology team are currently compartmentalised by skillset; as the team includes Software, and Firmware Engineers as well as having R&D, Product Manufacturing, and Product Testing functionalities.
You will report into the Vice President and work to translate business strategy and market requirements into competitive portfolio as well as overseeing development across multiple projects from concept through to launch.
Applicants that standout for this role will likely have a hybrid skillset; with a strong technical knowledge of both Software and Firmware as an example.
Those with strong domain knowledge in areas such as Electronics, or Automotive would also have an advantage.
- Translate business strategy and market requirements into competitive portfolio and manage associated portfolio planning, investment and development activity.
- Oversee development across multiple projects from concept to launch, including all aspects of planning, design, quality, and execution.
- Quickly develop trusted advisor partnerships with engineering, product and IT leaders and their teams to drive focus on strategic and tactical program objectives.
- Manage day-to-day decision making on critical program issues as they pertain to scope, schedule, budget, methodology and resources and escalate as necessary.
- Drive teams and individuals in planning and executing roadmaps, releases, and work backlogs.
- Lead efforts to identify risks, resolve key project conflicts, and establish appropriate resolution paths.
Reporting to the Vice President, you will be an Engineering Manager with a strong commercial, and technical skillset.
You will be someone who wants to help empower individuals within an organisation, and you will be a pragmatic and focused technology leader able to convey and commercialise new ideas and concepts.
You will have:
- Strong team leadership experience & the ability to create a strong culture;
- High sense of ownership and a focus on building fast without sacrificing quality
- A background with Software, Firmware technologies
- The ability to hire and grow teams;
- A strong Automotive or Electronics background would be advantageous;
- The ability to work with business leaders / owners to help achieve business outcomes using technology; and
- Excellent stakeholder engagement qualities.
If you are interested in this opportunity or you know someone who might be, please do not hesitate to apply or get in contact ASAP.
For more information please apply today using the link provided or email [email protected] directly
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631