$100000 - 120000 / annum
Northern Suburbs Melbourne
15 March 2019
Finance and accounting
Here is an exciting opportunity to fast-track your career as a Company Accountant. Our client is a well-known firm with a strong reputation and multiple brands, hoping to build on an already impressive team. This role offers brilliant long term potential and a strong package of benefits including ongoing professional development. We are looking for someone who has the desire and capability to become a leader within the finance function and create a high performing team.
In this dynamic workplace, you will enjoy a diverse range of responsibilities including financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis and budgets. Let your organisational ability shine as you participate in forecasting,
- Manage Audit preparation and engagement
- Statutory reporting
- Monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables (journal entries, reconciliations, reports)
- Consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet analysis for management reporting
- Cash Flow analysis
- Fixed Asset management
- Assist with budget preparation
- Monthly rolling forecast
- Suggest improvements to accounting procedures and processes
Tap into your impressive knowledge of compliance requirements as you ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls.
Your Skills & Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business or related field.
- CPA/CA (or equivalent) preferred.
- Excellent experience in overall general accounting spanning at least 3-5 years
- Experience in using SAP is desired, or other large ERP system experience.
- MS Excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a plus.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Exceptional organisational, written and verbal communication skills.
Your technical skills are outstanding and you have the business know-how to provide insightful analysis on financial results (trends, performance, metrics and benchmarks). Your special multi-tasking skills allow you to work across a range of diverse areas including coordinating quarterly reviews with external auditors.
You have the leadership skills to motivate and mentor your team, and the confidence to collaborate with business leaders. Put your creative flair to work as you look beyond the numbers to offer innovative suggestions to further improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process and support business growth.
What's on offer?
- An impressive opportunity to develop your skill set and experience.
- The camaraderie and support of a talented and energised team.
- Participation in a diverse array of ongoing special projects.
- A clear career path backed by an excellent program of professional development and mentoring.
- A workplace where initiative and innovation are rewarded and work-life balance is actively promoted.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.
For more information, please call 03 9691 3631 and quote the reference 06810-0010896528SEG
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000 03 9691 3631