Linux System Engineer
$130,000.00 - $140,000.00 / annum
14 August 2019
IT and technology
This company is a well-known and established FinTech-based organization who employ 600+ staff and deliver critical services to the Australian economy
This is an initial 12-month contract (with potential for permanency) to assist with several key projects including Automation initiatives, a Network Transformation, and a major Data Centre project.
Linux System Admin role responsible the maintenance, installation, configuration, and security of the organizations public and private Cloud environment that supports several business-critical systems.
This role has a major project focus which includes assisting with:
- Automation Initiatives (transition from Puppet to Ansible)
- Network Transformation
- Major Data Centre Project
- Troubleshoot, install, configure, build, maintain and secure Linux Red Hat infrastructure
- Develop and deploy Linux SOE's across the physical, virtual (VMware) and cloud (AWS) environments.
- Support Backup & DNS
- Work with application owners to install and upgrade software projects
- Patching and documentation
- Assist with automation via Puppet / Ansible
- Participate in on-call roster as required
A SUITABLE CANDIDATE?
Suitable for an experienced Linux System Admin/Engineer capable and interested in contributing towards an automation culture. A background supporting business critical high availability infrastructure is highly beneficial.
The following is required:
- Extensive Red Hat Linux experience - troubleshooting, builds, customization, performance tuning, & hardening etc.
- Python scripting experience (or similar)
- Ansible experience.
- Puppet is high beneficial.
- Networking understanding including TCP/UDP protocols, routing/switching/firewalls etc
- Relevant certifications (e.g. RHCE, RHCA etc.)
This is a 12-month fixed term contract (with permanent potential) located North of the Sydney CBD and is offering $130,000 - $140,000 including super - depending on experience
*Please note, full permanent Australian working rights are required to be considered for this position and successful applicants will be contacted.
Please click on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney
1 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000
au 02 9241 6255