Accounts Receivable Officer
Location : Northern Beaches
Post Date : 16 June 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : DR000015
Job Classification : Finance & Accounting
Company and Role Summary
Our client is one of the largest international fashion companies in the world which is known for its fast-fashion clothing for men, women, teenagers and children. It belongs one of the world's largest distribution groups in the world.
The successful Accounts Receivable Officer will have the key responsibilities of the role listed below:
- Assists the Accounts Receivable/Collections process by maintaining appropriate levels of control to ensure cash collection are conducted in a timely fashion, including the issuing of financial letters at multiple stages of the collection process, developing a systematic approach to contact and review account in a timely fashion, and performing research and analysis on delinquent accounts.
- Assists in the problem solving of issues that arise from delinquent accounts by interacting with various departments in the organization, including researching and resolving complex collection inquiries using computer reports, computerized accounting system (SAP) and interdepartmental resources, etc.
- Supports Accounts Receivable activity by reviewing and monitoring all accounts and maintaining appropriate controls to ensure accuracy of information. This includes analysis of monthly aging detail and explanation of variances from month to month. Also provides detail explanation of outstanding balances as requested.
- Posts Cash, as well as debit/credit adjustments to customer accounts in SAP
- Ensure accuracy of cash applications to the correct accounts by working closely with the Cash Receipt Specialist and/or performing the cash receipt transactions directly ensuring high level of accuracy and maintenance of Clients AR aging.
- Handle specific monthly activity by preparing spreadsheets of write-offs and adjustments for approval by Management.
- Ensure consistency of information that is communicated to customers by acting as a liaison between billing, sales, finance, legal and other departments.
- Support Finance initiatives by working on special projects and reporting/analysis on system transactions and interfaces as assigned.
- 5 years of experience in in credit control and/or accounts receivable
- Experience in dealing with high volume customer calls and queries in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor in Accounting or Business
- Experience with SAP or Oracle
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional and friendly customer service approach
- Be self-motivated and be able to work well in a team
How to Apply
The best way to apply is by emailing Daniela Ribeiro directly with your CV to [email protected]
Alternatively, press the 'Apply' button below and attach your CV, or call Daniela Ribeiro directly in the Sydney office.
Covering letters are not required.
19 Martin Place