Senior Financial Accountant
$90,000.00 - $110,000.00 / annum
28 June 2019
Finance and accounting
Is a growing Australian privately-operated business Professional Services business that was established 15 years ago that work with a variety of key industry players, brand partners and underwriting agencies within the insurance space. The company is valued at over $300 million and have a finance team over 40 people and are expected to grow to 700 million by 2022. The company has brand new offices and are looking for a Financial Accountant to come on board as their finance team is looking to expand.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for the general accounting process for APAC business. This includes managing month-end accounting and reporting activities, intercompany accounting, external audits, local regulatory reporting and Tax processes. The position works within a finance team of 8 reporting to a FC, and the role is expected to grow into the Finance Manager within 18-24 months. The following are specific job duties to the role
· Month end responsibilities including preparation of monthly journals, GL reconciliations, investigating and reporting variances and any internal reporting requirements
· Preparation of annual financial statements, supported by the Financial Controller
· Preparation and/or review of indirect taxes
· Provide input for regulatory returns as required (BAS returns, Annual state government declarations, APRA returns)
· Assist with both Internal and External audits as required
· Assist with the budgeting process
· Be a proactive resource in process improvement initiatives through having an enquiring mind that is able to challenge accepted principles and focus on adding value to the business
· Provide expert technical accounting advice
· Assist with ad hoc projects and provide support to the finance manager as needed
· Develop and maintain reporting analytics to clearly identify key trends or issues
Your Skills & Experience
· Degree qualified in Commerce, Business or related field.
· CPA or CA.
· Big 4 experience
· Strong interpersonal skills and accountable for actions
· Insurance experience is preferred but not essential
What's on offer?
· An exceptional opportunity to advance your career with a growth-oriented Privately owned Australian business
· A work environment where no two days are ever the same.
· A challenging and dynamic workplace.
· An encouraging employer offering extensive training and a defined career path.
· A super-modern workplace with a company that supports work-life balance.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.
1 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000
au 02 9241 6255