Senior Database Administrator
$120000 - 130000 / annum
13 September 2018
IT and technology
This organization is a mid-sized Financial Services-based organization who operate in the trading space and employ approximately 700+ staff across Australia.
As the Senior Database Administrator, you'll be working in a team and be undertaking a lead role through leading projects, setting standards & best practice, leading designs, and driving process improvements.
This is a business-critical role where you'll also be responsible for the installation, administration, monitoring, maintenance, performance tuning, and security of the company's corporate databases.
This is a newly created role due to systems expansion and to contribute to the long-term IT roadmap.
- Troubleshoot, install, configure, build, maintain and secure corporate application databases - predominately Oracle and Microsoft SQL.
- Monitor and improve database performance
- Assist with performance, capacity planning and database development
- Contribute to identifying process improvements
- Interaction with development teams and other business stakeholders
- Mix of BAU & projects.
- Participate in on-call roster as required
- Introduction of Postgres & Cassandra to the tech stack
- Evaluation of current processes and identifying then implementing process improvements
A SUITABLE CANDIDATE?
Suitable for Senior Database Administrator with strong Microsoft SQL & Oracle DBA skills experienced being a technical leader setting standards, implementing best practice, automating repetitive tasks, and driving process improvements.
An innovative think with an ability to consult with technical and non-technical stakeholders to elicit requirements and solve business problems is a must.
The following is required:
- Extensive Microsoft SQL and Oracle DBA experience inside high availability environments.
- Display a mindset of multitasking, maintaining stability, bolstering processes, risk assessments, and leading designs.
- Data architecture and modelling experience in complex applications integration environments.
- Good knowledge across Windows & Linux OS.
- Programming experience.
- Experience with MYSQL, Postgres, Cassandra, Oracle Rdb, and/or Netezza is beneficial.
- Business Intelligence experience is beneficial.
- DBA consulting experience is beneficial.
This is a full time permanent role located North of the Sydney CBD and is offering $120,000 - $130,000 including super - depending on experience
*Please note, full permanent Australian working rights are required to be considered for this position and successful applicants will be contacted.
Please click on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney
1 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000 02 9241 6255