Infrastructure Engineer / Architect
$180000 - 200000 / annum
25 October 2018
IT and technology
This company is a well-known and established FinTech-based organization who employ 600+ staff and deliver critical services to the Australian economy
They are currently undertaking a significant investment in IT to revolutionize and bring in cutting edge cloud, containerization, and platform management technologies.
As the Infrastructure Engineer / Architect youâ€™ll be responsible for working with the business to identify and drive the delivery of new technology initiatives from requirement to production.
Itâ€™s a newly created role inside a small but critical team who will be responsible for delivering real value add initiatives to the business and moving towards a Service-orientated model.
Your time will roughly be split 50/50 between technical engineering and business stakeholder engagement activities to elicit requirements and communicate changes. Â
Key elements of the role include:
- Design & implement new Platform solutions across Cloud (Google & AWS), Containerization (Kubernetes & Docker) & Virtualization (VMware) then hand over to operational teams.
- Automation of Linux & Windows OS deployment, configuration & management.
- Modernize monitoring, logging, alerting & reporting platforms.
- Requirement gathering from both technical & non-technical stakeholders.
- Extensive interaction with internal stakeholders to communication and support the delivery of new technology changes and initiatives.
- Improving & standardizing processes / documentation to drive efficiencies.
Upcoming projects include:
- Google Cloud design & implementation
- Containerization solution (Kubernetes, Docker) design and implementation
- Introduction of new monitoring, logging, alerting and reporting platforms.
- Improving OS automationÂ
- Standardization of processes and documentation.
A SUITABLE CANDIDATE?
Suitable for someone with broad Infrastructure skill set yet with proven experience designing & delivering infrastructure transformation solutions and operational excellence.Â
Itâ€™s ideal for a self-starter with an inquisitive nature who thrives on engaging and communicating with business stakeholders to uncover and deliver tangible improvements and efficiencies.
The following is required:
- Broad Infrastructure design and engineering experience (e.g. Cloud, Virtualization, Containerization, Linux, Windows etcâ€¦)
- Cloud experience (Google, AWS, and/or Azure).
- Display an inquisitive and curious nature towards technology.
- Demonstrate excellent people skills and an ability to empathize with others.Â Â
- Proven experience finding and improving processes and operational efficiencies
- Knowledge across development tools and methodologies (e.g. Git, Jira, Agile etc).
- Scripting experience â€" e.g. Bash, Python, PowerShell, node.JS, Go etcâ€¦
- Site Reliability Engineering knowledge is beneficial
This is a full-time permanent role located North of the Sydney CBD and is offering $180,000 - $200,000 (including super) + bonus potential â€" depending on experience
*Please note, full permanent Australian working rights are required to be considered for this position and successful applicants will be contacted.Â
Please click on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney
1 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000 02 9241 6255