A national client based in the North Shore suburbs has an exciting new role for a Head of Managed Services to manage a team of 70 technical service delivery and operational support teams in the rapidly growing Australia region. This is a 3-6-month position that has the opportunity to be made permanent with strong performance.
You will be responsible for the day to day IT operational activities including overseeing all the new and existing major NSW clients. You will provide motivation / leadership and coaching to 70 team members, and 8 direct reports. You will need to drive ITIL activity and process across the business.
The role of the Head of Managed Services at the company you will oversee the management of the Service Desk, Service Delivery and Professional Services Group to ensure the successful delivery of all IT services to their customers.
Specific Projects include:
- Lead and Manage a team of over 80 people across Sydney, Brisbane and Colombo (Sri Lanka)
- Develop, drive and foster strategic customer relationships across the existing customer base (80+)
- Be responsible for the Managed Services strategic direction, commercial solutions, value propositions, Service Catalogues and Go-To Markets
- Work with the Sales Team and Account Managers to generate and close pipeline
- In conjunction with the marketing team, develop customer campaigns, events and other lead generating activities
- Continue to identify skills shortages and process gaps to deliver and scale a world class Managed Services offering
- Develop metrics and reporting processes of performance, visible to all levels of the business
- Be accountable for and manage the line of business P&L
- Maintain effective working relationships with other line of business managers and practice managers to ensure a consistent customer experience through the alignment of customer focused solutions
- Be experienced and drive an ITIL aligned service framework
- Have product, technology, or industry-related skills and regularly work with requirements identification, proposal development, and execute the activities (presentations, briefings, RFP's etc.) to ensure customer are aware of the advantages of the proposed solutions
- Have knowledge of Managed Service contractual constructs and experience in the development of contract schedules.
- Previously demonstrated ability to lead and manage large teams effectively, with a minimum of 5-7 years previous leadership experience in the IT Managed services sector
- Understand the technical elements associated with managed solutions (Networking, Storage, operating systems, hardware platforms, end user compute etc). Our offerings are based on both on-premises and cloud technologies within Azure, and experience in this area will be advantageous to understand the Managed Services Solution concepts
- Experience understanding and managing business financials
- Strong commercial acumen
- Be passionate about building team capability
- Possess commercial and technical tenacity
- Customer experience focused
- Quick decision making
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written at an Executive Level
- Experience with ITIL V3
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/sydney