Data Analyst - Credit Team
$60000 / annum
July 31, 2018
Finance and accounting
Present in over 35 countries, our client provides innovative solutions to improve comfort, performance and energy efficiency for customers. They are based in North Ryde and have now open a position for a Credit Analyst to support their Credit Controller team.
The role will include the following, but is not limited to:
- Providing insight to the credit team and the wider business through analytics
- Superior MS skills and working with big data is key to this role.Ensure all processes take account of the company policy
- Working with ERP/finance systems to extract data to tables to provide credit officers with their workflows, and collection targets.
- Monitoring the ATB for the team to ensure an equitable split of work for each team member.
- Producing data and charts that provide insight into performance of the Credit and AR teams, including our phone system, in/out bound calls.
- Ensure credit alerts received for customers from external third parties (reporting agencies primarily) are recorded and appropriate actions are taken by credit team, and evidenced in the notes.
- Provide management with exception reporting for customers that are approaching insurance MEP, and ensuring that customers are given every opportunity to pay prior to aged debts reaching our insurance MEP.
- Support the Senior Credit team with all reporting requirements, including end of month reporting. This includes but is not limited to: bad debt arising report, doubtful debt reporting, bad debt (and recoveries) register, monthly Credit Insights report for senior management.
- Preparation of insurance declarations and advice to Credit Risk Manager where incident reports are needed.
As an ideal candidate, you will:
- A working knowledge of ERP/Mainframe Accounts receivable systems
- Exceptional user skills in MS suite and especially Excel, Access Data base, Word and Power Point for presentations.
- Good working knowledge of MS ONEDRIVE to provide shared folder structure and access to the team.
- Team player
- An understanding and commitment to customer service and achievement of growth through business development
- Identify process improvement possibilities
- Ability to work without direct supervision, adaptable and willingness to embrace change
- Results oriented with strong desire to achieve targets
- Clean, presentable appearance and able to clearly articulate thoughts with company and clients
- Empathy with staff both at peer and subordinate levels
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney