3 MONTH CONTRACT
Seeking a Financial Accountant to join our evolving Finance Department to assist management with ensuring the integrity of accounting information reported on a monthly basis as well as exhibiting leadership and mentorship qualities for junior finance staff.
As a Financial Accountant who will be required to take a 'hands on' approach and be a pro-active member the financial reporting team.
- Primary responsibility is to prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to the internal monthly close schedule.
- This will include facilitating month end accounting procedures for the consolidated group as well as performing a monthly review of the subsidiary businesses (including liaising with divisional managers as well and accountants as required) to ensure the integrity of the financial reports on a monthly basis;
- Facilitate the preparation and recording of asset, liability, revenue and expense entries by compiling and analysing account information for a variety of business types (from building and construction to passive investment entity types);
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions, resolving discrepancies proactively;
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance, reconciling entries;
- Assists with the monthly / quarterly compliance external requirements (including ATO / OSR and Bank covenant reporting e.g. preparation of consolidated accounts, cash flow reports, facilitate and review business activity statements, payroll tax and other OSR / ATO obligations);
- Assists with monitoring and documentation of internal controls including providing monthly summary of observations and recommendations on a timely basis;
- Coordinates half yearly "financial hard close" of financial positions;
The required person will be someone who has a good degree of common sense, along with top-tier financial accounting experience, the ability to meet the varied challenges the role will present and produce a very high standard of work.
The successful candidate will be proactive and results driven with a proven ability to analyse and consolidate financial information and be able to "think outside the box."
- Qualified Accountant from a medium sized or big 4 chartered background with exposure to a complex accounting environment
- 5+ years accounting / finance experience ideally in dealing with a variety of private business and corporate structures (e.g. Company, Unit Trust, Discretionary Trust etc.)
- Minimum of 1.5 to 2 years post qualification experience
- Advanced Excel, and strong ERP/GL system experience
- Ability to work under pressure, to deadline and manage multiple stakeholders.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact John McCormack in our Sydney office on 029 240 0690