Technical Writer - 6 Month Assignment
$550 - 625 / day
15 April 2019
Our client is an established, reputable and highly admired business with operations across Australia and around the world. As part of a root and branch series of modernisation and business improvement initiatives, they have several exciting projects coming up before the end of the year.
With a strong team culture and a collaborative environment, their workplace has consistently been ranked as one of Australia's best.
As a consequence of these projects and several key changes in the business, the company now has an urgent requirement for a talented and experienced Technical Writer to develop some documentation and material around inventory management.
Reporting directly into the Technical Lead, the Technical Writer will be responsible for the creation of clear, concise and practical documentation. The role will involve collating information from several different sources as well as speaking to key stakeholders across a broad function of positions before creating consistent and functional documentation. They will have exposure to all areas of the business and will be expected to become well versed in all areas of the business's service offering and provide a bridge between the IT team, suppliers, customers and business stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Finding and collating documentation appropriate to the project
* Defining uniform terminology and language
* Working with subject matter experts to adequately assess the accuracy of documentation
* Evaluation of current content and development of improvement strategies
* Reviewing and digesting all information pertinent to the project
* Creating user-friendly and comprehensive copy within the agreed timeframe
* Taking feedback from stakeholders and Editing and reviewing the training material accordingly
You will be an Experienced Technical Writer with a high level of energy who is comfortable in being 'dropped in' to a rapidly changing and fast-moving environment.
Your Experience will also include:
- Extensive technical writing skills
- Familiarity with interpreting service manuals and technical documentation
- Exceptional writing and comprehension ability
- A proven ability to take and implement feedback from stakeholders
- Peerless written English
- Excellent communication skills
- An outstanding attention to detail
- An ability to work as part of a diverse team
This role has an urgent requirement and interviews will be taking place as early as this week. If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact us in our Melbourne office.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631