Project Manager - Major Infrastructure Projects
$700.00 - $800.00 / day
15 May 2019
Our client is a highly recognised and extremely well-respected institution in the financial sector. Established for a generation, they command an enviable place in the Melbourne market and carry a name and brand which is synonymous with trust and quality. Due to several major projects on the horizon, including - but not limited to a datacentre project - an opportunity has arisen for a talented infrastructure Project Manager to deliver against some challenging timescales.
Reporting directly into the CIO, you will carry full responsibility for driving the two projects from beginning to end. Specifically, you will:
- Manage a significant datacentre relocation
- Managing a challenging telephony upgrade
- Take responsibility for a large scale tablet upgrade
- Work between several sites in Victoria and interstate
- Work closely with the external vendors to ensure a timely integration and delivery
- Work with the IT engineering and network teams and assign responsibility for installations, testing and trouble-shooting
- Present regular updates to key stakeholders inside and outside of the IT team in a formal and regular manner.
You will be a highly impressive IT Infrastructure Project Manager with experience in a major networking or software implementation. In addition, you will also be able to demonstrate:
- Comprehensive, formal project methodology knowledge
- Strong technical proficiency in all areas of IT infrastructure, including networking, telephony and datacentre work
- Experience working within a corporate environment
- Experience within a numerous desktop environment and a comfort across several technologies
- A hands-on, 'can-do' attitude and a background of delivering results in pressurised situations.
- A willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done in challenging circumstances and an ability to keep a cool head.
- High degree of vendor management experience and the ability to evidence cost savings and efficiency improvements
You will also be a highly presentable individual with strong written and verbal communication skills. Our ideal candidate will be a Project Manager who has managed large scale projects in a similarly sized environment
We will be interviewing and short listing candidates for this role over the next two weeks. If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact us in our Melbourne office.
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631