$400 - 500 / day
24 March 2019
Our client is a dynamic, fast-moving and extremely innovative blue-chip business. Their enviable client base includes some of Australia's best known companies and they are a highly profitable, innovative and creative service provider. With an exceptional reputation for the diversity and quality of their services, they represent the cutting edge in their industry. As part of their ongoing realignment of key supplier agreements, they have an urgent requirement for a proactive Procurement/Supplier manager to drive a procurement transformation programme. They will engage in a number of renegotiations which will prove paramount to the business's ongoing profitability and competitiveness.
Reporting directly into the Head of Procurement and Accounts, the responsibilities of the Procurement Manager will include:
- Creating a standardised methodology for vendors and suppliers
- Taking the lead in contacting vendors and renegotiating contracts
- Identifying uncompetitive and outdated supplier agreements
- Standardising supplier agreements across all areas of the business including:
- IT software and services
- IT and Telephony hardware
- Business services suppliers
- Office supplies vendors
- Internet services suppliers
- Professional services suppliers
You will form part of a team who will be proactive in chasing cost reduction, qualitative improvements and ROI benefits in every area of the business and you and will manage contracts in a proactive manner which will maintain and promote the best interests of the organisation.
- You will be an experienced Contracts/Procurement professional with experience in a transformative, rapidly changing environment
- You will have experience in contract renegotiation, ideally from within a large multinational organisation
- You will be a proactive, self-starting and driven individual with a genuine passion for procurement and efficiency improvement
- You will be comfortable in communicating at every level within an organisation and possess a confident and credible business manner
- You will have an excellent eye for detail and impeccable communication skills
- You will thrive in an challenging environment and be willing to push yourself to achieve the best.
- You will have a credible demeanour and be highly experienced in high-level negotiations
- You will be able to demonstrate a track record of achieving success in a similar role, from within a large and multi-layered organisation
We will be interviewing and short listing candidates for this role over the few days. If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact us in our Melbourne office.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631