Junior Software Developer
$60,000.00 - $80,000.00 / annum
24 July 2019
IT and technology
This is a once off opportunity to join one of Australia's leading fintech companies. My client is on the bleeding edge of tech, working in the cloud and on many exciting projects. With brilliant-minded leadership and an equally skilled team, this business is one to watch closely and is a fantastic opportunity to be seized, soon to be a global player and an undoubtedly formidable force already.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to take on many responsibilities in various realms. You will have the chance to be active in operational support of cloud assets hosted in AWS, Azure, Alibaba and PrimeXM. You will also be assisting in monitoring, auditing, consolidation and life cycle management of the infrastructure assets. As well as this, you will participate in the development of their software platform. Other areas include customer support (internal and external), enterprise IT support, and improvement of best practices. Once you find your niche, you will be mentored to specialise in that field.
Your Skills & Experience
- Degree in IT, Computer Science or related field.
- 1-2 years in the IT field.
- Hands on experience in a core programming language such as .Net, Java or PHP, etc.
- Experience in TCP/IP Networking
- Strong knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases.
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles
- Basic understanding of the theory of computations, algorithms and basic data structures
- Extensive experience planning, launching and refactoring phases of code you wrote
You are a self-starter in the truest sense of the phrase. You have the ability to problem solve without needing external reference and enjoy taking on new challenges in the development and IT fields. You possess strong technical documentation skills as you will be contributing to the internal wiki frequently. You will also be able to work with a diverse group of stakeholders with various levels of technical knowledge. Ability to work in a fast-paced agile environment and of course, you are an excellent collaborator with great communication skills.
What's on offer?
- A dynamic and creative work environment where everyone is encouraged to bring fresh ideas to the table.
- A role where your creativity and innovation will be valued and rewarded.
- A flexible workplace where work-life balance is actively promoted.
- The inspiration of a growth-focused company aiming to build a team of talented and driven professionals.
- Opportunities to expand your skill set and take your career higher.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631