Junior Project Manager - Great Company
$600.00 - $700.00 / day
6 August 2019
Our client is a market-leading and highly respected organisation in the public sector. Long established and with operations throughout Australia and internationally, they have cultivated a reputation for continuous innovation and improvement over several decades.
As part of the next chapter in their continuous development and evolution, they are currently in the process of commencing an enhancement of their in-house systems as well as their CRM platform in a move which will see them continue to redevelop and modernise several of their internal applications and ensure they remain at the cutting edge of their industry.
As a consequence of this, a unique opportunity has arisen for a business-focused Project Coordinator or Business Analyst to make the step up to their first Project Management role.
Reporting directly into a local Head of IT and with indirect reporting lines to Directors across the business, the Junior Project Manager will be first tasked with identifying the project priorities around several key enhancements, including gaps and risks to the business that the current applications pose, before working closely with the in-house development team and CRM vendor to redesign and scope enhancements which more closely align to the current needs of the business. In addition to this, they will work with the teams both inside and outside of technology to design and implement a plan to adequately plan transitions to the new systems.
These projects will be run concurrently and within a blended methodology from conception to completion. Whilst no single project is of an enterprise scale in scope or size, they will require considerable cooperation from the wider business.
The Project Manager will present to the business at regular intervals and will be responsible providing updates on any changes to costing, timing resources or scope within the projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and designing suitable timelines for the completion of a handful of small projects
- Identification of risks pertaining to the transformation and formulating plans to mitigate these risks
- Working with an in-house team of Developers, Business Analysts and Testers and allocating resources
- Ensuring that project sponsors and stakeholders are identified for all projects
- Working with stakeholders across IT, Finance and Operations to ensure the successful delivery of the changes
- Identifying internal 'champions' within departments to own and run elements of the application transfer
- Understanding and being able to communicate the benefits of the change throughout the organisation
- Presenting findings and outcomes to the business at every level in a regular and open manner.
You will be an experienced Project Manager, with a background of delivery and in particular, with experience in managing several concurrent projects. You will have experience in working with in-house development teams and possess a proven track record of achieving success in complex and diverse projects from inception to completion. You will be comfortable taking a hands-on approach in a lean environment and someone who is adept at getting buy-in from all areas of the business.
You will also have experience in managing in-house teams, allocating resources and being the vanguard and leader of a business-critical project.
Your experience will also include:
- Business Analysis or Project Coordination in a hands-on environment
- Experience in working on in-house application projects
- Exposure to complex programs of work comprising multiple interdependent projects in a multisource environment
- Experience managing a range of stakeholders and strong emotional intelligence
- Substantial commercial awareness and comfort in presenting to senior level stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills along with a high level of emotional intelligence
- A passion for delivery
This role would be ideal for someone in a junior PMO, Project Coordination or Business Analysis role to step up into an autonomous and challenging Project Management role in a great environment.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact our Melbourne office on 03 9691 36 31.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
Job Reference No: 06810-0010834273
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631