Head of Internal Audit
$180000 - 210000 / annum
25 March 2019
Head of Internal Audit
Robert Half Executive Search has been retained by one of Australia's premier wealth management and credit specialist firms to appoint a savvy Head of Internal Audit. This newly created role will lead the expanding internal audit team and provide the Board, Executive Management and the recently reshaped Audit & Risk Committee with a best practice assurance and controls framework.
Our client has successfully grown operations for more than 50 years, achieving double digit growth over the past 5 years. Backed by a recent capital injection from a renowned global investment firm, the enterprise is poised to continue its growth trajectory and investment across its core business lines of Retail Credit, Capital Markets and Institutional Funding. Overarching corporate culture that lives trust, excellence and accountability is evidenced by the career progression of its driven talented employee group.
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO), with regular interactions with Executive Management, Board and the Audit & Risk Committee (ARC), as Head of Internal Audit, your broad remit will be to provide independent and objective assurance over the key business processes of the organisation.
Specifically, your remit will include:
- Presenting findings and recommendations to Audit & Risk Committee, Board and working with Executive management to implement business process and control improvements
- Designing and overseeing the Internal Audit program workflow;
- Developing and managing the mandatory audit processes specified by the Compliance Plans for the Group's AFSLs and ACLs;
- Conducting Business Unit deep dive reviews to ascertain material risks and ensure business processes are best practice.
- Overseeing the credit underwriting process and AML/CTF Investor reviews
- Identifying and implementing process improvements and efficiencies within the IA area, specifically addressing areas with potential for business process automation;
- Addressing control weaknesses within business units and assisting the business in designing and implementing more effective controls;
- Ensuring that working papers and reports meet internal standards and are completed within deadlines;
- Providing the Board, Executive Management, and regulators with an assessment of the company's ability to manage risk;
- Building strong relationships with senior business executives and liaising closely with business units to ensure appropriate controls have been implemented and are functioning properly;
- Developing the existing internal audit team (6 staff) and identifying strong talent to join the Internal Audit team.
You will have significant Internal Audit experience (10+ years) and expertise in leading an Internal Audit function, ideally within the Financial Services industry enterprise and/or a Big 4 firm.
You will have deep technical knowledge of designing and executing internal audit programs within the financial services industry, with specific exposure to underwriting and credit risk.
Your articulate communication style will facilitate engagement, influence and constructive insights across Board, Executive and external advisors.
Your career progression and proven success managing a team, will be defined by a hands-on yet empowering style. You will be capable of tackling the responsibilities of the current position and eager to take on increasing responsibility as the company continues to grow.
For a confidential conversation please contact our Robert Half Executive Search Associate, Lindsay Steinour by applying to this advertisement or calling on 03 9691 3643.
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631