$220000 - 260000 / annum
Western Suburbs Melbourne
20 July 2018
An ASX listed market leader, our client has forecast significant double digit growth projections linked to both its successful domestic business operation and its international investment market expansion into Asia. This broad investment has been enterprise wide across capital, business operating systems and most importantly, identifying talented people to support this strategic journey. In accordance with this growth journey, the enterprise is seeking to appoint a Group Financial Controller to work as a trusted advisor to the CFO, support the Board and provide broad financial and budgetary control to the organisation.
Reporting to the CFO, you will lead a finance team responsible for the financial, budgetary and internal control environment, cash flow management and business process improvement for the enterprise.
A highly accountable and empowering finance leader, you will be a key influencer across the business and member of the senior management and finance leadership team.
A high level overview is below, however there are a number of business growth initiatives not included below that the Group Financial Controller will be responsible for leading.
Financial Control : Management & Statutory Reporting
- Monthly Management Reporting package including variance analysis and relevant insights / commentary;
- ASX Listed Board financial package
- Management of the year end external audit and relevant reviews required throughout the year;
- Review and oversee preparation of monthly BAS;
- FBT & GST compliance;
- Liaise with external tax consultants to ensure company tax returns lodged on time.
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Manage the budget and strategic planning framework and reporting timetables;
- Prepare the budget templates and associated system inputs;
- Review and recommend the key budget assumptions;
- Participate in the development of monthly management reporting, particularly with the explanation of variance to budget analysis;
- Working closely to advise CFO on group cash flows across business, identifying relevant risk and opportunities using cash flow modeling; and
- On-going preparation and maintenance of cash flow forecasting and budgeting model and review of key assumptions.
- Treasury management including cash management and reporting, borrowings under debt facilities and undertaking and maintaining hedging positions.
- Annual review and renewal of insurance policies and other associated entities.
Investments / Due Diligence
- Assist as required with the due diligence of potential new investments which includes evaluation and structure; and
- On-going monitoring and review of current investments.
Project Related Work
- Business process improvement projects including ERP upgrade and business intelligence.
CA / CPA qualified, you will be seeking to develop your career with a growing ASX listed enterprise. You will ideally have worked within Big 4 and then moved into an industry based finance leadership role responsible for leading high performance teams and overseeing a financial control environment of suitable corporate rigour of an ASX listed enterprise. You will be seeking a broad role which allows exposure to Chair of Risk Committee, business process improvement projects and work under the mentorship of a talented Executive leadership team.
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000 03 9691 3631