Data Analyst - Urgent Requirement
$450 - 475 / day
8 April 2019
Our Client is a large and highly respected manufacturing and retail business with an outstanding reputation and an ethos of striving towards continuous improvement. With an exceptional reputation across several core products, they have long been part of the Victorian landscape and recently enjoyed substantial year on year growth.
As part of an ongoing modernization and continuous improvement project, they now have an urgent requirement for someone with a strong skillset in data analysis to work on a workforce management implementation project.
Reporting directly into the Senior Programme Manager, as well as presenting to the CIO and ITS Directorship, you will have responsibility for performing an objective and comprehensive data analysis, focusing on migration from legacy systems to the organisation's new ERP. Specifically, you will also be responsible for:
- Data modelling and SQL scripting
- Processing and interpreting CSV and XML files
- Automated and manual testing of existing data for migration
- Validation of the format of existing data and identification of gaps and inconsistencies
- Building ad hoc data warehouses as required
- Implementing integration strategies between the legacy and new databases
- Liaising with and presenting to both technical and non-technical stakeholders on the progress of the project.
- Understanding and identifying current weaknesses and how long they can subsist
- Assessing the data's performance on an ongoing basis
- Identifying and mitigating risks involved with the transference of data
- Facilitating regular meetings with the executive team
- Providing status and risk reports on a timely basis
- Presenting to and advising the steering committee on progress and project requirements
You will be an accomplished and experienced Technical Data Analyst with a background in data transference and a comfort in working within multiple systems. You will be a subject matter expert as well as understanding the accuracy and timely delivery of their work and have an appreciation of the importance of its impact.
Specifically, you will also have
- Extensive data analysis experience
- Exceptional attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Python, Java or similar scripting language
- Be available to commence in a contract role immediately
You will have a track record of business or data analysis in a similar project. This is a role involving many parts of the organisation and one requiring constant communication with various teams - often to a senior level. It is thus absolutely mandatory that you possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills and have the confidence to present your findings in a formal environment.
In addition to the above, you will be a self-starter who will be able to inject energy and enthusiasm into the work you do and be willing to go the extra mile in order to achieve results.
This role has an urgent requirement and interviews will be taking place over the next week. If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact us in our Melbourne office.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631