Technical Consultant | Transformation Projects
Location : Melbourne CBD
Post Date : 06 October 2017
Employment Type : Project
Job Reference : 06583DB
Job Classification : Project Consulting
We are currently working alongside a midsize, renowned entertainment company going through numerous transformation projects. As a consequence of this, they have an urgent requirement for an exceptional, hands-on technical consultant to assist their small team with the enterprise transition.
Reporting directly into the Program Director, the Technical Consultant will assist with the upcoming transformation projects. The projects include moving to an event management system, moving their backend functionality to a new platform, and digitizing their front end platform. The technical consultant needs to be both technical and hands-on in nature. The successful candidate can translate business requirements and assess technology options to develop complex architectural solutions in a timely, cost effective and impactful manner. Working in a less mature framework, helping end to end, the Technical Consultant will be the key person in orientating the future of this organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing applications, infrastructure and network solution architecture including; design, maintenance and upgrades
- Developing solution roadmaps for transition projects including digitalization of current platforms
- Making proposals on product choice
- Ensuring adherence to policies and creating documentation for new policies
- Working closely with business and technical stakeholders
- Contributing to platform reviews
- Understanding and communicating any risks to the business
This is not a typical Technical Consultant role and will require a true "hands on" individual who will work at both micro and macro levels. In addition, you will also be able to demonstrate
- Exposure to environments that are small in size would be an advantage, particular where you can demonstrate that you have been the end point for all technical issues within a business.
- Experience working in multiple project environments with responsibility not only for implementing products but also providing recommendations and giving maintenance once implemented
- Exposure to replatforming legacy database products
- Exposure to entertainment, events industry preferable
- You will have previous experience in an Infrastructure and Network Management position and will be comfortable providing hands on 3rd level support and advising on solution architecture.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you then click on the apply button now for a call back this week.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
140 William Street