Software Development Manager|$130k - $150k + S|Inner City
$130000 - 150000 / annum
2 November 2018
IT and technology
Robert Half are working alongside a highly recognised and well-established Software organisation close to Melbourne CBD who develop complete enterprise solutions for their industry and we are looking for an experienced Technical Lead who has experience managing a team of Software Developers previously and is ready to step into a Software Developer Managers position.
This is Development Manager position is a critical one for the business, as this person will join taking responsibility for the processes, procedures and helping the team to rebuild their entire platform. You will be ultimately responsible for nurturing best development practice and the creation of a high performing development team. This role requires someone to have a vast understanding of technical concepts have excelled in a hands on role, but transitioned into a management role.
To have excellent, people management and a strong degree of business acumen. You will be responsible for:
- Creating and implementing strategies for best practice in the development and QA environments
- Managing the budgets for the development team and predicting forecasts for expenditure to report to more senior members of the business
- Ultimately leading a team whereby feedback from internal business stakeholders and employees is effectively managed
- Setting up a team culture to provide employees with adequate motivation and technical tools to deliver projects on time and true to the business plan
- Mentoring developers in the team, conducting code reviews, setting up pair programming exercises and ensure all training and staff development is offered
- Ensuring processes are firmly documented and all developers are contributing with maximum accountability
We are looking for a Technical Lead who has been through a major transformation before. In your past you will have nurtured developers to encourage high productivity and maximum quality of software development, and you will have been an active agent of change in a department, ideally in a transition from the waterfall to agile methodology. You must have the ability to talk to all levels of business and present with confidence in-front of senior stakeholders and also command the respect of your team and the whole business.
You will possess:
- A technical lead position, in addition to a decorated history in software development
- Experience with business transformation - the ability to identify critical areas for change and a proven history of implementing this is absolutely essential
- Knowledge of the Microsoft technology stack in .NET, C# and SQLServer
- An in-depth knowledge of the whole development life cycle
- Commercial exposure to Waterfall, Kanban and Scrum methodologies with a solid understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of each
- The ability to deliver business critical projects on-time and to a exceptionally high-quality
- A proven commercial record of business stakeholder engagement and team leadership
- The ability to work effectively as a self-starter, as you will be a key driver of change and your input will help to shape the direction of the business
- Commercial experience of change and risk management
- The ability to positively influence people and nurture the best quality work from staff around you
- As communication skills are absolutely key you must be confident talking to all lines of business
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000 03 9691 3631