SMSF Accountant - CBD - Immediate Start
$30 - 35 / hour
Finance and Accounting
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join one of Australia's top SMSF consultancies as an SMSF Accountant.
The role is ideal for anyone who has a keen interest in pursuing a career in SMSF.
It has huge room for growth; you will be mentored by one of the industry's leading experts in SMSF and will have the potential of a yearly individual budget for any training you see as best for your career.
The ideal person for the role will be someone who is a self-starter; but willing to get stuck in with the rest of the team. It will have a high degree of autonomy but you will have the opportunity to learn by working next to leading industry experts on a daily basis.
The best fit would be someone who is nearing the end of their CPA exams and has now taken the decision to focus their career success on the SMSF and Superannuation industry.
The culture of the team is one where everyone share's the load and the praise, from the bottom up.
The offices are based in the heart of Melbourne's CBD close to all amenities and only 5 minutes' walk from Flinders Street Station.
Reporting to the Managing Director the SMSF Accountant is responsible for:
- Liaising with advisors and / or clients to complete fund's statutory requirements.
- Liaising with the external processing team for completion of work papers
- Preparing and lodging of activity statements and pension reporting requirements.
- Liaising with the SMSF auditor for completion of independent audit each year
- Liaising with the ATO and other regulators.
- SMSF administration
- Managing relationships with trustees and financial advisors
In order to be successful in the role you will ideally meet the below criteria;
- Degree qualified with 2-3 years accounting experience, with part in an SMSF role.
- Currently completing CPA or another professional accounting qualification or studies to be a SMSF specialist.
- Excellent computing skills
- Familiarity with superclass software such as HandiSOFT
- Ability to get stuck in with gusto to all tasks
- Ability to multi task and work to deadlines.
To register your interest please click the "Apply Now" button or contact our Melbourne Office on 0396913631 to discuss it in more detail.
Our consulting team are always more than happy to help.
Closing date is close of business on Tuesday the 22nd of August 2017