Shared Services & Project Manager
$700 - 850 / day
Our client is an Australian public body, responsible for overseeing the development and support of thousands of individuals within the health sector. Established for over fifty years, they are regarded as a linchpin in their industry and are held in the highest respect and admiration of the sector as a whole.
With a Victorian head office in Melbourne's CBD they oversee a complex and integrated team of professionals and operational staff who carry responsibility for the smooth running of the organisation as a whole and ensure its commitments to staff support and development are made.
Reporting directly into the Organisation's CEO, the Shared Services Manager will be responsible for running several functional areas of the organisation and supporting its needs and will also take on a significant implementation project which is viewed as crucial to the organisation. Managing numerous operational, strategic and functional areas within the organisation, they will be expected to guide the operation though internal and external challenges and carry overall responsibility for ensuring objectives are met.
Working in a de facto General Management function, they will also carry the responsibility for the management of a small cross-functional team and drive planning and performance on a day to day basis.
Specifically, they will be:
- Managing the day to day running of a complex shared services function
- Preparing and then running a comprehensive implementation project
- Overseeing a large number of interdependent systems and processes
- Managing and reviewing relationships with operational vendors and suppliers
- Responsible for branch infrastructure including
- Building and systems
- Capital equipment
- Ensuring the regional and national policies and procedures are adhered to
- Examining and assessing contractual agreements with vendors to ensure value is delivered
- Assessing and providing guidance on operational risks to the business and
- Running projects concurrent to the implementation project.
- Providing leadership and guidance to the management team
- Organising training and fostering an environment of continuous improvement
- Working with all teams to maintain morale and deliver value to the organisation
- Maintaining and embodying the highest levels of professionalism and integrity
- Running meetings with the Management Team to ensure strong lines of communication
This will very much be a 'hands-on' role and will carry numerous and at times conflicting responsibilities. As such, effective time management and organisation will be essential.
You will be an experienced senior leader/Project Manager with a background in Shared Services, implementation projects and Operational Management. You will be comfortable in a small to medium sized environment and have an adaptable approach to your work. You will be a hands-on leader with experience in running a multi-faced and diverse range of operations.
In addition, you will have:
- A proven track record in a senior operational management role
- Extensive end to end project management experience
- Experience in dealing with and planning for operational risk issues
- Worked in a varied general management role
- Experience in managing cross-functional teams (Operations, Finance, IT)
- Extensive vendor management and negotiation experience
- Experience in budgeting and financial management
- Conflict resolution and change management skills
- A background in either finance or project management
- A hands-on, 'can-do' attitude and an ability to lead by example
- An approachable demeanour and a willingness to make time to deal with unplanned issues
- An ability to communicate at every level within the organisation
- An interest in the not-for-profit sector
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and comfort in running meetings
You will also be a highly motivated individual with exceptional planning and time-management ability as well as being capable of keeping a level head and maintaining the values of the organisation in challenging circumstances. This will be a highly demanding role and will suit a disciplined and ordered character, who is also willing to be generous with their time.
In return, you will enjoy the benefits of working for a highly valued and revered organisation whose mission and values have been a bedrock for the industry for many decades. You will be given the opportunity to develop professionally, both inside and outside of the workplace and enjoy a vibrant and varied workplace which values all of its employees.
We will be interviewing and short listing candidates for this role over the next two weeks. If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact us in our Melbourne office.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne