Senior Systems Engineer
$750 - 1000 / day
2 July 2019
IT and technology
Robert Half is recruiting a skilled Senior Systems Engineer who has experience working in a HPC (High Performance Computing) infrastructure environment.
As a member of the ITS team you will be responsible for the design, implementation, configuration and maintenance of key components in the HPC systems infrastructure.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Provide reliability across the HPC Linux environment.
- Automate management services.
- Create relevant systems documentation.
- Implement improved scheduling tools (Torque, Slurm).
- Be responsible for the daily maintenance and monitoring of the entire IT infrastructure.
- Manage complex network infrastructure and parallel and hierarchical storage systems.
- Provide technical guidance and training for other IT members.
You will be an experienced Systems Engineer with a track record of working in highly complex and technical environments. The ideal candidate will have worked within an HPC environment before and would be proficient in automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
In addition, you will ideally be able to demonstrate:
- 4 years of IT industry experience as a Systems Administrator/Engineer.
- 2 years of experience within a complex cloud/HPC environment.
- Understanding of programming/scripting languages (Python, Bash …)
- Experience with virtualisation through VMware.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Cloud Platform (AWS) would a plus.
If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or call 03 9691 3661.
Job Reference No:
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631