Senior Project Manager - Scientific Organisation
$700 - 850 / day
Our Client is a large global scientific entity with a peerless reputation in their industry. Their products are renowned within their sector as representing the cutting-edge and they are without question, the leader in their field. They are lauded as both a pioneer in the development of cutting-edge products and for being business which is unsurpassed in the quality of the products they produce.
With a history of excellence in manufacturing spanning four decades they are known as a business with an ethos of striving towards continuous improvement and it is which has enabled them to retain the position of unquestioned market-leader.
As part of their commitment to remain at the pinnacle of education delivery, they have a number of business improvement and infrastructure modernization projects - including a change of premises - which require the skills of a talented Project Manager, initially on a contract basis for 6 months.
Reporting directly into the Head of IT, the role will carry full responsibility for driving two projects from beginning to end. Specifically, the Project Manager will:
- Manage a significant software upgrade within the organisation's specialist system
- Manage and take responsibility for a relocation project involving 100 users
- Work between two sites across Melbourne
- Work closely with the external vendors to ensure a timely integration and delivery
- Work with the IT engineering and network teams and assign responsibility for installations, testing and trouble-shooting
- Present regular updates to key stakeholders inside and outside of the IT team in a formal and regular manner.
You will be a highly impressive IT Project Manager with a background of managing software and infrastructure projects and experience in managing projects from inception to completion, particularly those involving stakeholders inside and outside of technology. Your skillset will also include:
- Comprehensive, formal project methodology knowledge
- Strong technical proficiency in all areas of IT infrastructure, including networking, telephony and desktop upgrades
- Experience working within a diverse environment
- Experience within a numerous desktop environment and a comfort across several technologies
- A hands-on, 'can-do' attitude and a background of delivering results in pressurised situations.
- A willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done in challenging circumstances and an ability to keep a cool head.
- High degree of vendor management experience and the ability to evidence cost savings and efficiency improvements
- Some experience in the medical or scientific sector would be greatly beneficial.
You will also be a highly presentable individual with strong written and verbal communication skills. Our ideal candidate will be a Project Manager who has managed large scale projects in a similarly sized environment
We will be interviewing and short listing candidates for this role over the next two weeks. If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact us in our Melbourne office.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne