Procurement Buyer | Manufacturing | $115K + Super
$115000 - 120000 / annum
27 September 2018
Based in Port Melbourne, this manufacturing firm seeks an experienced Senior Procurement Buyer to join their team. With a global footprint, this organisation is listed on the NYSE and is growing rapidly in the Asia Pacific region.
This role is working as part of newly created team who focuses on creating services and goods contracts and internal procurement processes across the APAC region.
This is a great opportunity for an individual to utilise and develop their existing experience within procurement and join a leading manufacturing firm.
Reporting into the Senior Manager of Procurement, your role will involve:
- Developing new strategies and policies on both a national and international level
- Developing and administering contracts
- Negotiating with key suppliers in relation to price, quality and delivery
- Working extensively with internal and external key stakeholders
- Perform market analysis and benchmarking to ensure purchase value is optimised
- Analyse vendor pricing, cost structures and market trends
- Keep up to date with trade practice laws
- Work closely with legal teams
- Manage suppliers in accordance with agreed performance management levels
- Develop and implement new processes and procedures
- Negotiate contracts to ensure they are meeting business requirements
To be a successful candidate for this position you will have a strategic mind set and have the ability to demonstrate implementing new policies. You will have strong business acumen and pride yourself on your ability to successfully manage change in process and procedure.
You will have extensive experience working in a procurement role previously and worked with multimillion-dollar contracts previously. You will have high attention to detail and have the ability to develop strong relationships with internal key stakeholders as well as external key stakeholders. This role is within the automotive space and previous experience within this sector will be highly regarded. You will have a proactive attitude and pride yourself on working well within teams.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact our Melbourne office on 03 9691 3663.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
Job Reference No: 06810-0010602250AM
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000 03 9691 3631