Senior Financial Accountant
Location : Melbourne CBD
Post Date : 15 November 2016
Employment Type : Project
Job Reference : 100012CSC
Job Classification : Project Consulting
A leading service based organization with national operations, our client provides services to both publically listed and privately held Australian businesses. They cover a broad range of sectors and have a reputation as a provider of premium services. Our client is a sought after employer who is seeking a Senior Financial Accountant for a 10-month maternity cover to join their team.
Reporting to the Accounting & Reporting Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Management of the general ledger including maintenance of the chart of accounts.
- Management of month-end close and preparation of all general ledger journals.
- Preparation of periodic accruals and prepayments and general ledger reconciliations.
- Preparation of management accounts including high level variance analysis against budget.
- Manage year-end close and prepare information for annual financial statements.
- Preparation of statutory returns and reports including tax returns, FBT return, Payroll Tax and BAS statements.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual planning process and budget.
CPA/CA qualified, you will ideally come from a Big 4, or Mid-Tier Chartered firm. You will have 3+ years' previous experience as Financial Accountant within industry, preferably in a serviced based business. You will have demonstrated understanding of fundamental accounting principles, technical accounting expertise and strong knowledge of accounting standards. You will be capable of critical reasoning and problem solving, have the ability to handle ambiguity, have strong attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Celena Sonntag at our Melbourne office on [email protected]
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
140 William Street